WeTrials Privacy Statement
Last updated May 1, 2022
WeTrials ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this statement.
This statement describes the types of information we may collect from you (“Client”/“User”) or that you may provide when you visit the website https://wetrials.com/ (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This statement applies to information we collect:
● On this Website.
● In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
● Through mobile and desktop applications you may download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
● Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
● Any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
2. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to us or use information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not; use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18 years, please contact us at https://wetrials.com/#Contact
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
At WeTrials, we may collect personally identifiable information (“PII”), Personal Health Information and non-personally identifiable (“Non-PII”) information from you. Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify you personally. Non-personally identifiable information is information that must be combined with other information to identify you personally.
Personally Identifiable Information Collected
You may be required to provide us with PII information when you visit our Website. In order to fully use our website and the services offered by the Company, we may collect PII such as your name, date of birth, personal and family medical history, email, telephone number, website and business information, and address. We may also collect your relevant payment or credit card information if you wish to pay for any services offered via the website. Please be aware that all payment information shall be stored and processed by our third-party payment processors. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in and benefiting from certain services offered by the company through the website.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect Non-PII from you, such as your IP address, browser name, zip code, browsing history, search history, and registration history, interactions with the website, usage information, location, referring URL, operating system, data usage, data transferred, and Internet service provider. We may also collect information including but not limited to messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from other third parties such as feedback and surveys from your medical team about the company’s role.
Any Personal Health Information will be used, disclosed and stored in accordance with the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices available here. Please refer to this notice to understand how we process your information.
How we collect this information:
We collect this information:
● Directly from you when you provide it to us.
● Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies
● From third parties, for example, your medical care team.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
● Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering with WeTrials, including to use our Website, subscribing to our services or requesting further services from the Company. We may also ask you for information when you are researching various treatment options for you, researching clinical trials that you may qualify for, accessing and attending medical appointments, interfacing with your medical team and when you report a problem with our Website.
● Records and copies of your correspondence including email addresses, if you contact us.
● Your responses to surveys and feedback forms that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
● Information that you provide during interviews, on user forums or through other interactive tools
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
● Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
● Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
● Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
● Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
● Speed up your searches.
● Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
● Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
● Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us to enhance your user experience. Cookies must be enabled in your browser in order for our website to function properly.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
● To present our Website, its contents and our services to you.
● To provide you with information on clinical trials that you may qualify for, various treatment options, products, or other services that you request from us.
● To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
● To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
● To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
● In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
● For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and/or third-parties' services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the contact us form here https://wetrials.com/#Contact to request the company to adjust your user preferences.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
As a general rule, the Company will not share or sell any client information collected except as maybe otherwise stated hereunder.
We may disclose aggregated information about our clients, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this privacy statement:
● To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
● To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business such as medical professionals and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
● To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of WeTrial’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by WeTrials about our clients and Website clients is among the assets transferred.
● To third parties, especially in healthcare, to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
● To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
● For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
● With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
● To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WeTrials, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
● Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by using the contact us form here https://wetrials.com/#Contact.
● Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by using the contact us form here https://wetrials.com/#Contact. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a service purchased by you, service experience or other similar transactions.
● Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by use the contact us form here https://wetrials.com/#Contact.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact us through https://wetrials.com/#Contact to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Retention of PII
WeTrials will only retain your PII for as long as required. We will keep your personal information:
● For any legally required duration.
● Until we no longer have a valid reason to keep or use your PII.
● Upon your request to eliminate, delete, or modify any of you PII stored with us.
Where you have requested modification or deletion of your PII, we may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure.
9. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
11. International Transfer
12. Merger and Acquisition
In the event that WeTrials is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. Please be aware that once the information is transferred your privacy rights may change.
14. Contact Information
To ask questions or comment about this privacy statement and our privacy practices, contact us at: use the contact us form here https://wetrials.com/#Contact